Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Trump VS Hillary- The Results are IN!



This might be a post that might ruffle some feathers, and while I do try not to ruffle feathers anything political will always ruffle feathers.  Do you know why politics are banned on many different groups on Facebook? It’s because so many people get offended when they post stuff about a candidate that they don’t like or agree with.  This gives me some hope for our country, but why you may ask? Do you see people throwing a fit over someone buying name brand over generics? No, it’s because it’s not something they worry too much about or it is something that doesn’t matter.  The main reason so many get up into arms about politics is because we care about what happens to our country and how it may affect us and the ones we love!  This is what I love about America and this is what I must tell myself as I work through the disappointment and fear that this election has left.  As everyone knows, my husband is on dialysis with kidney failure.  He receives SSDI from social security and thankfully can get top notch insurance thanks to the funding from the American Kidney fund! 8 years ago, he could have been denied coverage due to a pre-existing condition, but now in 2016 he can get it without any questions about his health!  I am not here to change your mind, or shame you for who you voted for!  I am here to get my thoughts and feelings out in the open and hope that my post might help someone out there who is struggling with this turn of events.  When I first found out Trump was running for president I thought it was a joke, but obviously the farther and farther it went I realized that it wasn’t and that I had to accept that he ultimately was the Republicans choice in candidate.  I am not a Trump fan, never have been and I pray that he will prove me wrong like I have said so many times on my personal Facebook.  I have seen so many posts about Obamacare and how it is ruining so many people’s lives and that there are no benefits from it.  Do you know what it is like to have a life-threatening disease and be told that you don’t qualify for insurance because of that?  The irony is this disease was brought on from an infection caused from a medical procedure done on his knee 15 years ago, it wasn’t even caused by diabetes or genetics!  I am not saying that there are people that got kidney disease because they didn’t take care of themselves, I just feel it is ironic that a once healthy man with only knee problems got kidney failure from the lack of care from a physician and now, if Obamacare is overturned, he could face being without insurance due to it!  I am also concerned that if Trump doesn’t focus on Social Security that, that will run out and then that will lead to a lot of stress on not only my family but many families of people with disabilities not just kidney failure as well as seniors!  I feel that this country electoral system is very corrupt and that is what lead us to where we are right now, or even where we were in the whole process!  It left us with the choice of who scares you more, and it should be who you agree with more as far as their policies and how they will run this nation and represent this nation!  This morning I woke up sick to my stomach with fear and full with anger that I didn’t know how to deal with.  I dropped off Elizabeth and went to breakfast with my husband and after going over my fears with him I finally figured out a worst-case scenario that I could live with.  I have realized that as a woman of faith I need to rely on God.  God has lead us here, whether he is leading us TOO something or FROM something, I am not sure, but I know that he doesn’t give us more than what we can handle and so I must rely on him. 

I have found a few versus that have helped me take a deep breath and lay it all on him.

Provers 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight

1st Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity. 

I understand you may not be religious or have faith in a higher power.  I urge you to find something you can believe in! I am not here to pressure you into Christianity, I just want to share with you what I have found that helps me get through this painful and confusing time in my life.  I urge you, please treat people with respect even if they don't agree with you. We are all in this together!  We are the UNITED states of America! The best thing we can do for our country is to find unity, so that we can find what works for our country and not just part of it!

So I leave you with this picture that has been circulating around Facebook. Please be respectful, but also find a way to figure out a way to cope with the results of this election!  Many people are not having a hard time because they lost, but because this election has left them living in fear of the future and I want you to be conscientious about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment