Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Ninja VS Power Pressure Cooker XL- Which is for you?

When I first started doing my slow cooker meals I was using the Ninja 3-in-1 cooking system.  I now use the Power Pressure cooker XL 

(Yes the one you see in those commercials)!  


If asked, I would tell you that I would have both if I had the counter space and the money to buy another Ninja!  I have decided to give you a good pro/con list between the two! 



The first one I will cover is the Ninja!  I remember buying this on a whim because it was a great deal!  3 in 1?!  Who couldn’t pass that up! But what does it mean when it says that there is 3 in 1?  Well it has
1.       Oven
2.       Stove Top
3.       Slow Cooker
I will be the first to admit, I only used the slow cooker option but I thought it was cool that you could basically cook an entire meal in just one spot without touching the stove or oven!  My favorite piece, and the one that save me the most amount of money, was the removable pot with lid!  I would come up with meals like soups or chili, and then when I had leftovers (I would make sure to have leftovers for the next day) I would put the whole pot in the fridge and the next morning it went back into the slow cooker and set to low and dinner was ready when I got home from work!  This would mean you would only need to come up with 14 meals instead of 30/31 and it saves you so much time of prep!  I cannot tell you how much I loved that crockpot!  I had purchased it through Walmart with the warranty, so when it broke I sent it in and they sent me a gift card for Walmart in the amount I had originally paid on it!  I would have bought another one, but one night in the middle of the night, my husband had watched that infomercial for the Power Pressure Cooker XL and had to have it so that was our next slow cooker……

I am sure you are saying; did you just say your next SLOW cooker is a PRESSURE cooker? 
How does that even make sense?


 It’s easy!  The Power Pressure Cooker XL is so much more than just a pressure cooker, it is an Oven, Stove Top, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker and a Pressure cooker!  I feared pressure cookers before getting this one because I had heard that they could be dangerous, and I tell you if you put enough liquid in (Tomato Sauce mixed with some water, Beef/Chicken broth, or just plain water) you will be just fine!  The slow cooker function is just like any other slow cooker and doesn’t need the water to work properly!  You can brown stuff using the stove top feature (Just push the meat button without putting the lid on) and you can use that to brown it and then push cancel and then put the lid on and push the slow cooker button and change the hours to which one you want to set it to!  You may ask why I would want both, this one sounds like you would never have to buy another one!  I don’t like the fact that the removeable pot doesn’t have a lid so it isn’t as easy as just putting it in the fridge and putting the left overs back into the slow cooker the next day, but that is the only complaint I have! 





I will write out the pros/cons now.


Pros:
  • ·         Stove Top
  • ·         Oven
  • ·         Slow Cooker
  • ·         Removeable Pot with Lid


Cons:
  • ·         Only 3 options




Pros:
  • ·         Stove Top
  • ·         Oven
  • ·         Slow Cooker
  • ·         Rice Cooker
  •       Different Sizes


Cons:

  • ·         No lid for the removeable pot

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to share the best Slow Cooker. I love it. You may love it to see the Best Programmable Slow Cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ninja pressure Cooker gives you 2 pressure levels, 5 sear/sauté settings, the ability to steam, and a slow cook function with multiple cook times and 3 temp settings—all in one nonstick pot. ... With TenderCrisp Technology, you can pressure cook to lock in juices, then use the crisping lid to finish with a crisp.

    ReplyDelete